Blog Archive

Sunday 27 February 2011

Beautiful photograph

This photograph was taken at an old home in the Blue Mountains, NSW. The time I spent here has become quite significant for me, and this image captured ideally the intimate relationship shared between these people. It too captures the ability of a building to accommodate, and nurture, human interaction and stresses its importance in design. Essentially, humanity is what must dictate successful architecture. While the image may not capture a kaleidoscopic view of this relationship, it depicts a split-second of our lives; unrehearsed and warm. These elements; the people, the location and the home; all led me to reassess my ‘path’ at a vital point in my life, and I feel that it is a beautiful photograph because of this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment